The pw manager extensions (1password, lastpass etc) require a master
password to open them, the "one password that rules them all".

Once open, the pw manager has a list of sites.  You click on the one you
want.  It goes to the appropriate URL and fills in the required fields to
log you into that particular site.

   -- Owen