" are you committed to the notion that there is no useful distinction to be
made between bullshit and productive labor? "

I suggest that there are at least two definitions of useful.  1)  profitable
and 2) useful as a tool to do other desirable things.    Any creative person
knows that #2 can exist independently of #1.     I sometimes think
entertainment products, like computer games, exist just to pacify and harness
(for #1) those that don't know or have forgotten that they can invent all new
things.

Marcus