From: Friam [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf Of Gary Schiltz
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2015 10:44 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Greek Crisis & Philosophy

The term “states' rights” refers to the fervent belief, especially among
conservatives in the USA, that US states are granted by the US Constitution a
large amount of autonomy from the US federal government. A corrolary to this is
that the US federal government should have very limited powers, and that the
majority of power is vested in the individual states. This type of conservatism
has a large hold over the American South, thus my earlier tongue-in-cheek
message about Mississippi and Alabama printing their own money with confederate
flags on them. I have assumed that whoever started this thread was drawing a
parallel between the (states as part of the USA) and  (Greece as part of the
European Union). Greece has basically told the EU to go screw itself, as it
can’t make its loan repayments on time.

Come on Nick, I know this stuff and I live in a South American country. Y’all
need to get out more, maybe go to a square dance or do a little cow tipping.
JUST KIDDING

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 9:06 PM, Nick Thompson <nickthomp...@earthlink.net