APL was the first actual interactive language that I had the pleasure of using.
It sure beat card readers!

SmallTalk was fun in that once programmers made the conceptual jump to objects,
they really enjoyed programming in it. Maybe it was the sparsity of the
language as compared to C++ that made it more congenial to program in. There
were just fewer trapdoors to step over (or fall through) on the path to
mastery. Having taught both languages (SmallTalk, C++) I’d  rather teach
SmallTalk.

. . . bob