In my case, I was asked to help the Comptrollers (Air Force speak for
accountants) to optimize the code because they were using an IBM emulator on a
Honeywell 6800 and their APL programs were bogging down the entire system.
Oh, what tangled web we create, when first we try to emulate - or, perhaps,
there was another fine mess they got me into.

Ray Parks
Consilient Heuristician/IDART Old-Timer
V: 505-844-4024  M: 505-238-9359  P: 505-951-6084
NIPR: rcpa...@sandia.gov
SIPR: rcpar...@sandia.doe.sgov.gov (send NIPR reminder)
JWICS: dopa...@doe.ic.gov (send NIPR reminder)