From: Friam <friam-boun...@redfish.com> On Behalf Of glen
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2022 8:22 AM
To: friam@redfish.com
Subject: [FRIAM] self-care

In the aftermath of the activist Justices overturning RvW, this popped up in my
feed:

How to Give Yourself an Abortion
https://jewishcurrents.org/how-to-give-yourself-an-abortion

I remain torn on the issue of self-care. And lots of energy was added to my
oscillators with the whole "horse dewormer" thing for COVID-19. (Yes, I'm
poking fun both at the people who bought veterinary ivermectin and the people
who used the disgusting sneer "horse dewormer".) To boot, this post came up
this morning about a homeopathic packet sent home with the patient after
surgery: https://centerforinquiry.salsalabs.org/2022cfimidyearemailversion11.
(Placebo is a thing, despite Blumner's write-off.)

Nick is fond of asking people whether they take multivitamins or not. And while
it's true most experts claim that *healthy* people just pee them out. *Who*
amongst us actually qualifies as "healthy"? What does "health" even mean?
That's not an idle or rhetorical question. Am I "healthy", despite the
excruciating chronic pain in my shoulders, neck, and lower back? Despite my
sporadic debilitating migraines? Despite my now abated follicular lymphoma?
Sure, I *seem* healthy because I can do pull-ups, shovel dirt, drink 5 pints
without a hangover, and maintain a full-time job with a bit of time for
hobbies. But what you see from the outside doesn't reflect what I feel on the
inside, which is like a sick puppy where the slightest bad event would topple
me into the "disabled" category. "Healthy" is at best a misinformation concept,
at worst a malinformation concept:
https://www.cisa.gov/sites/default/files/publications/mdm-incident-response-guide_508.pdf

Sneer all you want at the new-age descendant reading self-help books, cutting
out magazine ads for their "vision board", or self-administering veterinary
de-fetus pills, but there's something important, here. Fad diets, bottled
water, alcoholism or pregnancy as an indicator for moral failure, etc. all
point at that thing, whatever that thing is.

In that context, self-administered abortion is legit.

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam
https://bit.ly/virtualfriam