From: Friam <friam-boun...@redfish.com> On Behalf Of glen
Sent: Friday, July 1, 2022 11:04 AM
To: friam@redfish.com
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] self-care

IDK. That just sounds like laziness to me. "The West" is a fiction. We all know
that. And it's irrelevant to the values aspired to by Egalitarianism or
"Western Enlightenment", anyway. The actual trouble is that the egalitarians
strawman each other and allow non-egalitarians to strawman them. A good example
is the (false) identification of "equal" with "equality" or "equal opportunity"
or whatever persnickety nonsense token the bullshitters poke at. The core ideas
come from positive and negative freedoms. Freedom from being mugged when you
walk down the street or being shot by an incel while studying math, polluted
cities and rivers, etc. Freedom to buy a house, sell your kidney, ride your
enduro through pristine forest, etc.

There's no "wondering" there. There's no lack of concreteness there. Children
shouldn't be shot in schools. That's pretty concrete. Adults should be able to
trace campaign contributions. That's concrete. It's all clear and fairly well
laid out. The strawmanny pretense that it's vague is part of their rhetorical
game. And "we" let rhetoriticians like Thiel bullshit us all day every day.

I found this essay helpful:

Why I am not a liberal
https://sootyempiric.blogspot.com/2022/04/why-i-am-not-liberal.html

On 7/1/22 09:32, Marcus Daniels wrote:
> Thiel's apparent solution, the dissolution of the administrative state has
> some in common with the urging to remove the filibuster.  End paralysis and
> force engagement.  The goals for the thinkers on the side of the Handmaid's
> tale or Al-Qaeda are texts that are not too long or complicated to convey.
> What are the concrete goals for the liberal agenda, other than to constantly
> negotiate and atomize?  He does have a point of wondering what the West is
> fighting for, other than to be taken care of.

>>> s
>>> alsalabs.org%2f2022cfimidyearemailversion11&c=E,1,2-tYnySplBvRbyAEZY
>>> 0
>>> KK5_SNRCghwoq9MmOb6g5eMt9G2A_oGrBmm9E1TaU7yvGTUKGOPabsgE4XOSxdStdMKc
>>> x T0twCXUSsGHdzEdo&typo=1>. (Placebo is a thing, despite Blumner's
>>> write-off.)
>>>
>>> Nick is fond of asking people whether they take multivitamins or not.
>>> And while it's true most experts claim that *healthy* people just
>>> pee them out. *Who* amongst us actually qualifies as "healthy"? What
>>> does "health" even mean? That's not an idle or rhetorical question.
>>> Am I "healthy", despite the excruciating chronic pain in my
>>> shoulders, neck, and lower back? Despite my sporadic debilitating migraines?
>>> Despite my now abated follicular lymphoma? Sure, I *seem* healthy
>>> because I can do pull-ups, shovel dirt, drink 5 pints without a
>>> hangover, and maintain a full-time job with a bit of time for
>>> hobbies. But what you see from the outside doesn't reflect what I
>>> feel on the inside, which is like a sick puppy where the slightest
>>> bad event would topple me into the "disabled" category. "Healthy" is
>>> at best a misinformation concept, at worst a malinformation concept:
>>> https://www.cisa.gov/sites/default/files/publications/mdm-incident-r
>>> e
>>> sponse-guide_508.pdf<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%
>>> 2

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam
https://bit.ly/virtualfriam