I have read "Highway of Eternity" from Clifford D. Simak this weekend, one of
the books from the golden age of science fiction which is comparable to "The
city and the Stars" from Arthur C. Clarke and "The end of eternity" from Isaac
Asimov. Both belong to my favorite books. Modern authors don't write like this
anymore. Their books are often gloomy and depressive, and do not span millions
of years. What is your favorite science fiction book? Will the AI breakthrough
in large language models lead to more optimistic science fiction books again?
-J.
https://bit.ly/virtualfriam