Fascinating (to me) how water (the H20 molecule, it's phases, mechanical modes, radiative coupling, chemistry, aggregate thermodynamics, etc) is central to such a widely distributed space-time regime of morpho and teleodynamic phenomena spanning (sub)cellular to organism to super-organism (herds, schools, forests, prairies, ecosystems) and also planetary hydro/cryo/biosphere scale weather/climate/???.

There may be evidence of water being significantly relevant to solar/planetary and even galactic scales but  at least *up-to* planetary scales and down to "molecular scales", indeed "Water is WEIRD" as Hywel reminds us through Nick.   Is this merely another name for our ignorance or is it acutely anthropocentric because it defines the Goldilocks region our form of consciousness/life emerged/exists/thrives in?  Water is weirdly relevant to human-scale interests?

Spanning 19 decimal orders of magnitude, from 10^-10m to 10^9 meters ?

And in time?  vibrational frequency(ies) of water (wavelength(s) in micrometers) vs speed of sound (1500 m/sec)?    9 orders(decimal) of magnitude?

I have been fascinated by the quasi-crystalline structures that have been both discovered scientifically and invoked woo-woo-ly such as described in Mae-Wan Ho's Rainbow Water/Worm, AND it's implications around the physics of /Life Itself/.

https://www.worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/6928#t=aboutBook <https://www.worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/6928#t=aboutBook>

And little or none of it might be relevant to the "physics of swirlies" (RIP Doug Roberts)...

in the bigger/broader question of meteorology as a coherent discipline vs "clabboring together of ..." some (unpublished)work I did 15 years ago with Deana Pennington <https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=PFifM5MAAAAJ&hl=en> on the topic of the emergence of new scientific disciplines/paradigms would suggest that this precise level of dis/mis-organization and apparent "clabboring" and "incompatable" is an earmark of an impending phase-shift (and in fact  what might represent the emergence of a new field and/or new paradigms)?  I highly recommend Deanna's entire corpus for those interested in the meta-topic of scientific collaboration/understanding/processes, especially in the bio/eco/climate sciences.   We have not worked closely since she moved from UNM to UTEP a decade ago... she thrives there best I can tell.  I no longer do anything useful beyond gadfly-about myself.  Some /Laurels/ make for better resting than others...

- Steve

/    May the laurels you rest on be the fruit of living in interesting times? /(to mangle/mashup/clabber-up some aphorisms)