Speaking of the book Snow Crash, it appeared in the hover-over on XKCD the other day, https://xkcd.com/2832/ . I just finished reading it when I saw the XKCD cartoon. I haven't decided whether it is a coincidence or a glitch in the matrix. Now that you brought it up, I am sure that it must be a glitch in the matrix. Maybe the emergency alert drill coincidence is related to that glitch too.

I'm hoping it is more like the brief scene in Dogma where the Stygian Triplets on roller blades use a hockey stick to rip a tear in reality. ( I can find absolutely no reference to the scene in the movie as I remember it... so it is probably one of MY hallucinations)....

Thanks for the hint about finding (easter egg?) tooltip/hover-overs in XKCDs...  I think I'd tripped over them before but didn't twig to their being "a thing"... Kewl!

Car bodies are getting to be more and more likely Aluminum or (bio)Plastic, so a magnapoon would be a less-than-optimal method, though much simpler than a suction-cup mechanism.   Maybe getting "magnapooned" would just be part of the "tax" on having an older/larger/inefficient vehicle (think lifted Diesel quad-cab 4x4 cowboy cadillac)...

_ Cody Smith _
c...@simtable.com