Just went down a 2-hour rabbit hole on the "wave function collapse"
algorithm that emerged in graphics in 2016 but just came onto my radar...
Has anyone else explored it already?
  https://github.com/mxgmn/WaveFunctionCollapse

Many of you have written versions of constraint propagation algorithms in
one form or another. I like how this is framed by satisfying local
constraints with tiles (forward) and global constraints with overlaps
(backward propagation).  Of course, the name of the algorithm may be
metaphorical to QM as is its use of superposition for local stacks of
possible states, but I can't help wonder how Wheeler-Feynman Absorber
Theory or Cramer's Transactional Interpretation might be cast as similar
kinds of the same algorithm.

more general applications:
  https://robertheaton.com/2018/12/17/wavefunction-collapse-algorithm/

always like Dan Shiffman's Coding Train
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI_y2GAlQFM

https://github.com/avihuxp/WaveFunctionCollapse#demo

A nice interactive to get the feel for it:
  https://oskarstalberg.com/game/wave/wave.html

A version in Julia :

https://github.com/roberthoenig/WaveFunctionCollapse.jl/blob/master/usage.ipynb

-S

stephen.gue...@simtable.com
stephengue...@fas.harvard.edu
Harvard Visualization Research and Teaching Lab
<https://hwpi.harvard.edu/eps-visualization-research-laboratory/home>
mobile: (505)577-5828
https://bit.ly/virtualfriam