That's a great article! But I have a bit of a bone to pick with it. (I know, right? What a boor I am.) I just can't
help but read this as inherently Presty. I work with a handful of GenZ at my minimum wage side gig. They are hustlers,
through and through. So a theme of the Presty article does ring, that of "financially stable" (never ever
ever mind "well-off"; that's not even in the lexicon). But in that pursuit, my decidedly non-Presty friends
work more than one job. One of them has a job at 2 breweries, working as an assistant brewer in one and as a
"cellar person" at the other because Assistant Brewer doesn't provide quite enough income to pay the rents
sought by our Land Lords. Another has 2 jobs, one as a bartender and the other as a ... what? ... "accounting
logistics" (?) person at a car dealership.

So the perspective and focus presented by Aden in the Presty article seems VERY
privileged to me ... but no more so than the privilege expressed by, say, Steve's story
about a state school graduate's perspective on the grant submission/evaluation process.
Is it any wonder we see more graffiti like "Eat the Rich" these days? Is it any
wonder my non-Presty friends don't vote?

Another theme implicit in the article is Sam Bankman-Fried's huckster rhetoric of Effective Altrusim. When
Presties talk of "service", "mission", and "meaning", I get this icky feeling
deep down. An article from Harvard talking about work-life balance makes me a bit sick to my stomach in the
same way as listening to Peter Thiel talk about the Straussian Moment (or Robin Hanson arguing we should have
more babies). Yuck. I need a shower to wash off this Presty filth.

But similar to Eric's local deconstruction of Elliott's bullshit about bimodal
distributions, what's a hyper-privileged Presty to do? What options are there other than
going with the flow? What? Should Aden quit college and ... walk the earth?
https://youtu.be/dLdRsofkCVs?si=quzxQt7wOUZT375g Nah. He should stay in the game and
propel the criminal enterprise until he finds his golden parachute. If he can't suppress
his appetite for "meaning", he can snack on some Greenwashing and, say, support
the paper straw initiative at the local county commissioner meetings.