I knew Bill Chase.  He was a new assistant professor in the psych
department when I was a graduate student.  Tragically he died young.

During his recruitment talk he said that people can remember letter
sequences by creating phrases.  "For instance, they might remember 'BFG' by
using the phrase 'big fat garbage can'."
Bert F Green, who was the department chair asked, "How about 'big friendly
giant'?"

Frank

---
Frank C. Wimberly