Background
OpenAI is actually two companies. The original not for profit parent
company and the for profit subsidiary.
The parent, not for profit, appoints the board of the for profit subsidiary
and does not have a fudiciary obligation towards the financial well-being
of the company, only towards humanity; to ensure that AI is developed for
the good of humanity.
On Friday the board fired the CEO, Sam Altman, without giving reasons.
Since then Sam got an offer from Microsoft to join them and start a new AI
Microsoft subsidiary. Sam is reluctant to take it, he seems to think that
will kill OpenAi.
95 percent of OpenAI employees signed a letter that if Sam goes to
Microsoft they will join him. Microsoft said they will accomdate them.
Now we are waiting - will OpenAI take Sam back? Will Sam and 95 percent of
OpenAI's employees join MS?
Or is there something else going to happen?
A Netflix movie couldn't have more drama and suspens.

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam