From: Friam <friam-boun...@redfish.com> On Behalf Of glen
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2023 9:04 AM
To: friam@redfish.com
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] The last Lighthouse Keeper in America

I agree. Ever since this:
https://bookshop.org/p/books/from-transgender-to-transhuman-a-manifesto-on-the-freedom-of-form-martine-rothblatt/8478365?ean=9780615489421
 I've been swayed that the reactionary stance of the JK Rowlings of the world
look similar to that of the Trumpists (or Tea Party people). But the R in TERF
is supposed to stand for "radical", right? People like Rowling don't seem that
radical to me. So, I'd prefer if we use the R in TERF to stand for reactionary.
(Now the NeoRx crowd like Yarvin and whatnot. They do seem radical, even though
reactionary is in their name ... radical reactionary, maybe?)

On a similar note, I notice both very "left" seeming people and very "right"
seeming people are into tattoos. The number of tattoos these days is enough
that they would have been called "radical" body modifiers in the past. But now,
to be radical, you have to do even more than piercing ... like you have to
install metal pieces under the skin, or engage in decorative scarring to be
thought of as radical ... maybe CRISPR your genome or eat nothing but Soylent.
IDK. I can't imagine any kind of radical anyone who wasn't pro-trans.

But, again, it's a field, not a particle zoo.

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam
https://bit.ly/virtualfriam