The TV series Breaking Bad was created 10 years ago, but I only recently was
able to watch it on Netflix. As you know it is about the question how a good
man turns bad. The story starts with a tragedy, a lung cancer diagnosis for the
main character Walt(er) White. Life has not been kind to the underpaid and
overqualified chemistry teacher who has a disabled son and a pregnant wife. The
cancer diagnosis pushes him over the edge and after it he seems to driven by
the question "if life has been so bad to me why should I be good?". The
episodes that follow describe how he "breaks bad" and turns toward crime. What
do you think, did you like the TV series created in Albuquerque? Is the story
accurate from a psychological perspective, i.e. can good people turn into bad
ones if life refuses to be kind to them? In a way this story of a person who
turns into a villain is the opposite of Joseph Campbell's classic story of a
person who turns into a hero, isn't it?-J.
https://bit.ly/virtualfriam