On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 01:51:34PM -0700, 'Martin R' via FriCAS - computer
algebra system wrote:
> OK, I think I have to give up.  The InputForm consists of 23 964 324
> atoms.  I guess that there is no sensible way to transmit this, right?

Some more data.  Using ECL on fast machine with plenty of memory:

(1) -> )set messages time on
(1) -> res := integrate((x^2+1)^(1/2)/(x^2+(x+(x^2+1)^(1/2))^(1/2)), x);

                                         Type: Union(Expression(Integer),...)
                         Time: 0.02 (IN) + 71.12 (EV) + 0.48 (OT) = 71.62 sec
(2) -> ii := res::InputForm;

                                                              Type: InputForm
                                                   Time: 0.44 (IN) = 0.44 sec
(3) -> ss := unparse(ii);

                                                                 Type: String
                                               Time: 149.74 (EV) = 149.74 sec
(4) -> #ss

   (4)  67845674
                                                        Type: PositiveInteger
                                                                  Time: 0 sec
(5) -> ss2 := copy(ss);

                                                                 Type: String
                                                   Time: 0.33 (EV) = 0.33 sec

'unparse' is slow, but this seems to be mainly general ECL slowness
(on the same machine 'unparse' in sbcl-compiled FriCAS needs 9.84s).
As you see copy of resulting string takes 0.33, so this is realtively
easy to transmit.  _Parsing_ this is harder, FriCAS parser in sbcl
compiled FriCAS needs 55.53s, up to now ECL used more than 14 CPU
hours (probably about 1.5 hours in real time) and did not finish.

BTW: FriCAS parser is rather slow, better parser should be
able to parse this 10-20 times faster.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/fricas-devel/ZiHQF4E4rBGM3lrF%40fricas.org.
  • Re: [fricas-devel]... 'Nasser M. Abbasi' via FriCAS - computer algebra system
    • Re: [fricas-d... 'Nasser M. Abbasi' via FriCAS - computer algebra system
      • Re: [fric... 'Martin R' via FriCAS - computer algebra system
        • Re: [... Waldek Hebisch
          • R... 'Martin R' via FriCAS - computer algebra system
            • ... 'Nasser M. Abbasi' via FriCAS - computer algebra system
            • ... 'Martin R' via FriCAS - computer algebra system
            • ... 'Martin R' via FriCAS - computer algebra system
            • ... Dima Pasechnik
            • ... Waldek Hebisch
            • ... Waldek Hebisch