On 4/26/24 06:00, Waldek Hebisch wrote:

There is some problem with this.  On my machine I got faulty
'TEXTFILE.tex', it contained '\begin{noOutputXtc}' but no
matching end part, causing documentaion build failure.

This does not always happen, and sometimes happen to other
tmp/*tex file.  The problem is that this TeX file missing
a few last lines.

This commit changes the processing of input->spool->tex from
interpsys to fricas (with sman).  So I guess it is caused by
some buffering issues/race condition related to sman?

This can be workaround by adding a few "--" lines by
htex2input.awk.

For me titles of pictures are too small, in bitmapped version
title letters are of comparable size to text letters, in .ps
version are smaller and almost unreadable when text has comfortable
size.

Yes, the old image is 300x300 while now is 400x400.
Also there is only one font size.

In the following patch I make the title font size different
from the axes label font and units font.

https://github.com/oldk1331/fricas/commit/103c0c04de8d6e1d38524a6d5aa2e4ee92742b0a.patch

I also noticed problem which has nothing to do with the patch:
in 5.4.5 there is an example computing 100!.  In HyperDoc
number appears fine, but in the .pdf it is truncated.

Yeah, it would be hard to handle this automatically.
Solve this by introducing a new latex package to line
break long numbers?

In slightly different spirit: book convention of having separate
page numbers in "front matter" and in main part IMO is misguided
in .pdf: viewer allows navigation by page number, but number on
pages and numbers in viewer frequently diverge.  IMO it would be
good to adopt uniform numbering.

Some pdf readers can handle this difference in page numbering.

Also, maybe print full section
number in the page header, that is 5.4.5 instad of current 5.4.

Well, even pages show chapter number, odd pages show section number,
leaves no space to show subsection number.  Also some subsection
names are very long.

Also after this patch, src/doc/ps/arrowr.ps SEGBIND.ps knot3.ps
ribbon2r.ps ribbons2.ps ribbons2b.ps can be removed, saves 1.3MB
and 81123 lines from repo.

https://github.com/oldk1331/fricas/commit/46b2e034148674eb05834d8a642d337b1162b897.patch

I think that they should be removed in the same commit as your
patch (when it goes in).

Sure.

- Qian