That's probably caused by tmp/ug07.input.

It doesn't hang here, but I do find that there are remaining processes
like viewman and view3D.

The problem is that there are multiple unclosed viewports.

The following fixup patch should solve that: by adding 5 images to
the book (section 7.1.9 and 7.1.10) and using "nullXtc" to
disable viewport creation in section 7.2.4 and 7.2.5.

https://github.com/oldk1331/fricas/commit/32716305e0e00ce1499e1d578092502e42badbf5

So I think that "nullXtc" should not be removed.
It is useful for the cases that we show the command into the book,
but do not actually execute it.

- Qian