/Poems of Labor, Poems of Love/
Saturday, August 5 at 7 p.m.
Baltimore Ethical Society's First Saturday Coffeehouse presents a
reading of Langston Hughes' poetry by Alan Barysh and Gregg Mosson,
followed by an open mic.
Location
*Baltimore Ethical Society*
306 W. Franklin St.
Baltimore
*VENUE PHONE: *410-581-2322
Ticket Info
free

NOT INCLUDED IN THE CITY PAPER (The submitted text):
 Baltimore Ethical Society's First Saturday Coffeehouse in
August features "Poems of Labor, Poems of Love" - a reading of
African-American writer Langston Hughes' poetry by local wordsmiths Alan
Barysh and Gregg Mosson.  From Harlem scenes, to jazz poetry and
autobiographical poems, the reading will offer a taste of Hughes' work.
What does happen to a dream deferred?  Find out by listening to Hughes'
jazzy, deep-like-the-rivers poetry. *We will also have the a
cappella singing by A Chip Off the Rock.* (Karen, her  sisters and a friend)

On Sunday August 6 we will discuss of Rights of Passage facilitated by
Ron and
MOVABLE TREATS DONATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED Guidelines: 1) No nuts or
peanuts. 2) No desserts containing alcohol.  3) Avoid heavy icing.  4)
If possible, prepare desserts in individual portion sizes-cupcakes,
cookies, separately packaged slices.  5) Label your dessert  (not the
ingredients, just generally what it is).