*POETRY GROUP* 9:30am

*PLATFORM *November 19: "*Living Room Dialogues*"  Ann von Lossberg &
Bob Krasnansky, Marylanders for a Free Palestine and Secure Israel
    We will depart from our more usual lecture format, and will actually
observe a "Living Room Dialogue."  They will start with a few words
about how the Living Room Dialogues started, and will have a handout
that gives more information about the group and its objectives.  We will
then have our usual time for questions and comments following the
"fishbowl."
    Marylanders for a Free Palestine and Secure Israel is a grassroots
organization dedicated to educating the public about the
Israeli-Palestinian issue. MFPSI encourages forgiveness and
reconciliation to ensure a lasting peace and promotes a just solution
and equality for all to enhance the security of the region. Their
programs include Living Room Dialogues among Jews and Palestinians.
Living Room Dialogues is a methodology developed by Network for Peace
Through Dialogue for mutual learning among grassroots groups. The aim is
to promote international understanding among local groups.  The first
Living Room Dialogue group was founded in San Mateo, CA in 1992 to
stimulate discussion about solutions to the violent struggle for
Palestinian independence.

*ETHICAL ACTION Moveable Feast *is looking for  people _with their own
cars_ to deliver some meals on S*aturday, November 18 *(an hour or so
around 1 p.m.) and on *Thanksgiving Day* (an hour or so around 10 a.m.).
  They could also use _kitchen help_ on *Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
next week--Nov. 20, 21, 22 from 8:30 a.m to 2:30 p.m*.

A number of BES members and friends (including Ron, Cathy, Argentine,
Andrea, Belva, Halina, Fritz, Elaine all the way from Tennessee, and me)
have helped at various times in the past and found the work very well
organized and _good exercise_.  Anyone interested in helping out in the
next week should notify Steve Meskin (410)992-5814.  Steve is
coordinating these last-minute Moveable Feast volunteer efforts.
**
*Always try to help a friend in need*