Dear friends,

Let me remind you of our special program for this Sunday
when we will hear a presentation by Colin Beavan, author
of "No Impact Man", in a first-ever (for us) videoconference
with the Ethical Humanist Society of Westchester.

Please also join us for the next BES Ironweed Film Club at 7:30 pm,
tomorrow Friday, January 14, 2011 when we will screen "Mine":

    http://www.ironweedfilms.com/films/mine

Hailed as “absorbing,” “a must see,” “Oscar material” and “the best
movie at SXSW,” MINE is a feature-length, independent documentary
about the essential bond between humans and animals, set against the
backdrop of one of the worst natural disasters in modern U.S. history:
Hurricane Katrina. This gripping, character-driven story follows New
Orleans residents as they attempt the daunting task of trying to
reunite with their pets who have been adopted by families all over the
country, and chronicles the custody battles that arise when two
families love the same pet. Who determines the fate of the animals—and
the people—involved? A compelling meditation on race, class and the
power of compassion, MINE examines how we treat animals as an
extension of how we view and treat each other.

Thanks,

--Emil

--
Emil Volcheck