I could definitely get my personal laptop and another Dell in VH2010
connect to TrumanSecureWireless with Ubuntu-7.10, 8.04 and 8.10 (it
was extremely easily and like what you did). So it should be something
wrong with your adapter and/or settings in FC.

PS: I suspect you're using GNOME with the KDE 4.1 theme. I dare to
tell you, KDE 4.1 is a huge improvement. I tried it and I can say the
KDE 4 can be the way to go, in terms of usability.

- Huan.

--
Huan Truong • http://tnhh.info • 1-660-349-8508