I thought the government manages the state,
and as such, it is the state. If there
are periods of better social provision,
you may be sure it is so, because a powerful
- a bit more farsighted - strata of the
capitalist/financial strata wield influence
over the government that time. Whatever "good"
achieved at these time is in fact to avoid social
unrest and to prolongue the system. So these
"successes" are transitory, look at the quick
erosion of the education/health/social
services in the UK.  If you think this "process"
will give us a democratic and sustainable future
you are sadly mistaken.

Eva

...cut...