Well, I was teaching a wonderful black dramatic soprano today and her answer to
this particular question was that there was something in the Caucasian gene
that didn't allow for serious long term cooperation.    The statement sounds
racist but somehow you all seem to be coming up with the same answer except you
include her culture in your cynicism.
REH