You are not paranoid, those people really are out to get you :-)

But seriously, who can forget that during the FLQ crisis, the RCMP were
planting bombs and burning down barns in order to establish their bona
fides with the revolutionaries and to influence public opinion against them
?  They have been at it again in their work against enivironmentalists who
have been blowing up oil company property to protest their complete
disregard for human and environmental health.  The RCMP blew things up too,
to establish their bona fides and stir up public opinion.  It worked in
Quebec, why not in Alberta ?

Mike