To:  A few friends on several mail lists

Good day folks,

I just returned from a week's vacation which was divided between lying on the
beach and watching our cognitive elite on C-SPAN and C-SPAN II.  Nothing has
changed since my vacation of 97-06 when I posted "The Simple Solution, again"
to list [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Subj:   The Simple Solution,  again
Date:   97-06-13 13:47:20 EDT
From:   WesBurt
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: WesBurt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My recent vacation provided an opportunity to watch prominent members of our
cognitive elite for a week on C-SPAN and C-SPAN II, while they promulgated
the politically correct public opinion to the TV audience.

The common theme, of the 65 prominent guests most interesting to me, was that
the English/American domestic policy (public education plus the means-tested
welfare system) has created the best of all possible worlds and that all
nations in our global laboratory of nations are converging on this New World
Order.  These 65 prominent guests of C-SPAN may be right, there is damned
little evidence to the contrary available to the American public!

Those nations which are still moving contrary to the New World Order are
quiet as church mice about their dependent allowance systems and may well be
lying about their high unemployment rates in order to treat Englishmen and
Americans like mushrooms, that is, keep them in the dark and covered with
bullshit.

Only one C-SPAN guest during the week, Mr. T. R. Reid (Washington Post),
speaking on "East Asia and the United States," called attention to the 8 to
10%/year growth rates in Asia, the low crime rates, the more even
distribution of wealth, the practice of teaching moral values which he had
observed in the Asian nations, and he concluded that Henry R. Luce's
"American Century" lasted only 50 years.  Mr. Reid certainly pointed in the
right direction, but he left unsaid much of what journalist John LaCerda
(1912-????) said about the root-cause of Japan's rapid economic recovery
after W.W.II in his 1946 book, THE CONQUEROR COMES TO TEA, Japan under
MacArthur.

LaCerda is the only post-W.W.II author, to the best of my knowledge, who has
concisely identified the structure of worker compensation (worker's pay plus
1/5 of average worker's pay per dependent) which was common to Japan,
Germany, and Western European Nations during their economic recovery after
W.W.II, and he also reported the objections to the Japanese structure of
worker compensation which were voiced by MacArthur's sixteen-man labor
advisory mission headed by Paul Stanchfield, formerly with the US Office of
War Mobilization and Reconversion.

The mission observed, in objection to the Japanese labor policy: "On the one
hand, if the amount paid to the worker for each of his dependents were to be
substantially increased, it might encourage Japanese workers to increase the
size of their families. ------ On the other hand, such an allowance may place
so great a financial burden on the employers as to induce him to refuse
employment to workers who posses large families"

To these objections I would reply:  On the one hand, the experience of
France, since the same structure of family allowances was adopted in the
1930s, confirms that the first objection is invalid.  On the other hand, only
English and American social scientists could believe that family allowances
were to be paid by the specific employer of each worker.  In practice, such
allowances are always paid from the public revenue, or, if imposed on
employers by government mandate, will be pooled by the employers just as
workmen's injury compensation expenses and unemployment compensation expenses
are pooled by employers.

In my first post to list AGENDAS on May 18, I called attention to just how
long the public has been kept ignorant of the simple principle that regulates
human action, when I wrote:

If the present state of the art of human governance is any guide, it would
seem that the very idea of a Generally Accepted Optimum Theory of Human
Governance has been anathema to our teachers and governors ever since our
oldest history book was compiled and edited by Ezra in 457 BC  Recall that
our teacher Moses is alleged to have smashed the first two tablets of stone
(Exodus 32:19-28) and hidden the second two tablets in the ark (Exodus 40:20)
in order to teach only Ten Commandments to the people and keep the other Two
Commandments a SECRET OF THE TEMPLE.

Granted that the public has the collective intelligence of a bowl of rice,
how can we hope to discover a Generally Accepted Optimum Theory of Human
Governance that the public can understand and enforce, if all simple
solutions are declared invalid by members of the cognitive elite, as claimed
by Don Steelman in the following three excerpts from his 97-05-21 post "quick
fixes?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Begin Don Steelman excerpts ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     That Marvelous Quick Fix

1,     I am alarmed at the shallowness of though, not only on this list, but
in the entire American polity as well.  The problems many of us attempt to
solve, did not just happen--they evolved over a great deal of time and with a
great number of people and things contributing to their creation. They cannot
be solved with a myopic fixation on only one element.
   ~~~~~~ snip  ~~~~~~~~~~

2,     If there is not a single cause, neither is there a single solution.
Certainly, the redistribution of wealth seems like a marvelous idea.  The
question is whether such a redistribution would lead to paradise or
stagnation.  More importantly, would not the enhanced power to government
that such a redistribution concomitantly implies, merely exacerbate those
elements of society to which we now object?
  ~~~~~~ snip  ~~~~~~~~~~

3,     If there is to be any global structure at all, then that structure
must be one in which inherent conflict and a constant jockeying for position
and power restricts any single group or ideology from dominance.  Pragmatism
and Pragmatism alone will solve our problems.  It's like my father once
said--"If it ain't broke don't fix it and if it is broke don't use it till
it's fixed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  End Don Steelman excerpts ~~~~~~~~~~~

This balance of power (balance of terror) theory that Don speaks of, IMO, is
the foundation of the divide and conquer policy practiced by proponents of
the New world Order.  It has been the perennial principle of governance for
the last 2500 years.  But in the last 50 years, certain nations have moved
ahead to a better system of governance which puts each of these fortunate
sovereign nations in a stable and prosperous steady-state mode wherein its
exchange of goods, services, and capital with adjacent nations do not impair
its sovereignty by adversely affecting its unemployment or inflation rates.
In other words, nations that adopt this better system of governance remain in
control of their internal affairs while enjoying the benefits of trading with
all other nations, and without subordinating their sovereignty to a new layer
of government that is superior to the nation state.  There is nothing new
here.  Sovereign private corporations have been perfecting this mode of
international cooperation since the Bank of England and the East India
Company were established in 1600.

The underlying principle involved is simply this: "It is impossible to
compute, or execute, an optimum dispatch of productive assets, capital or
human, in a corporation or commonwealth until the fixed or sunk costs of
acquiring the assets are separated from the variable costs of production, and
the fixed or sunk costs are managed by the next higher level of
organization."

That is the principle by which the production of electric power was
dispatched in the 1950s and forever after.  That is how the General Electric
Company sets the price of its products.  That is how each of the ten
government contractors I worked for priced their technical proposals.
Conformance with that principle within each nation is the only way to
stabilize a world full of sovereign nations.

We have a choice that needs to be discussed in an open public forum.  We may
optimize the whole system of capital and human assets, or, we may continue to
sub-optimize various parts of the whole system for a maximum return to usury.
 The odds on C-SPAN were 65 to one in favor of the second option.

As Alexander the Great put it: There must be one law for Greeks and Persians
alike.  Why not one law for capital assets and human assets alike?

WesBurt