Harry Pollard wrote:
> But the Pharmas got their huge profits from what you call
> "earned privilege.

It's not that simple.  Big Pharma got their huge profits from
wrong medical paradigms applied on vast scale, and from corruption
in the medical-industrial complex.  With a sensible medical system,
patents on chemical medicine would be nearly worthless.  For example,
one Pharma company makes $17 Billion in 1 year with 1 substance alone,
but this substance could be replaced by a cheap natural substance that
doesn't even have the chemical's harmful side-effects.  However, the
therapeutic dose of this natural substance is not even available in
our drug stores and cannot be imported legally due to EU Pharma laws.
It's a crime against humanity, but you can't blame patents for that.

> I didn't defend CEO payments. If shareholders accept them,
> who are we to complain?
>
> The shareholders pay them.

You say you didn't defend CEO payments, but in the following sentence
you do it again.  Actually, not the shareholders pay them but the
customers, employees and taxpayers pay them.  So, who are we to complain?
We are those who pay them!

Chris