The following is forwarded from another listserv. Some may be
interested in this webcast, scheduled for 9/11/2007.

Barry

*****

Colleagues (with normal apologies for cross-postings),

Below is a message about a complimentary one hour webcast,
"Sustainability: An
Emerging Business Paradigm", focusing on the implications of
environmental
sustainability for business.  It reports on results of a survey
conducted for
the American Management Association by the HR Institute at Farleigh
Dickinson
University.

It appears that it may offer a fairly good overview of sustainability
issues,
business responses, the relationship between environmental
sustainability
practices and economic performance, etc.  As such, it may be of
interest to
faculty from around the business school.

I forwarded it to my dean, suggesting that an announcement be sent to
faculty
letting them know about it.  I don't know whether they will do so or
not, but
if so inclined you might wish to do so as well at your school.

Registration is complimentary, but required.  People can register at

<http://sdm3.rm04.net/ctt?
kn=2&m=969162&r=Nzk1MDk5OTI3MQS2&b=0&j=MzIxMTUzOTk
S1&mt=1>
----------------------------

September 11, 2007

Sustainability

An Evolving Business Paradigm

<http://sdm3.rm04.net/ctt?
kn=2&m=969162&r=Nzk1MDk5OTI3MQS2&b=0&j=MzIxMTUzOTk
S1&mt=1> Register Now

How can we create a better balance between the needs of people, the
planet
and profit in both the short- and long-term? Although out of the
awareness
of many, our ability to step up to this critical challenge affects
everyone-both inside and outside of organizations-and challenges
businesses
as never before. Today an ever increasing number of organizations are
becoming aware of the sustainability business paradigm - balancing
social,
environmental, and economic factors for short- and long-term
performance-and, in many cases, are adopting sustainability-related
values,
principles, strategies and practices.

Join
<http://sdm3.rm04.net/ctt?
kn=2&m=969162&r=Nzk1MDk5OTI3MQS2&b=0&j=MzIxMTUzOTk
S1&mt=1> us at this complimentary Webcast where we'll discuss the
findings
from a recent global survey on sustainability sponsored by the American
Management Association and conducted by the Human Resource Institute in
collaboration with the Institute for Sustainable Enterprise at Fairleigh
Dickinson University.

For an hour, you'll explore:
         The significant gap between how much employees in companies
personally care as compared to how much they think their companies care
about sustainability-related issues
         The relationship between sustainability and company performance

         The twelve most widely used sustainability-related practices
         The business factors driving greater focus on sustainability, as
well as factors hindering its progress, both today and as we look
forward
into the next ten years
         How the most sustainable companies create a foundation, traction
and broad stakeholder engagement for sustainability
         Best practices from such sustainability leaders as Ray Anderson
from Interface, Inc., and Govi Rao from Philips Lighting

Attend to discover more!

Register online
<http://sdm3.rm04.net/ctt?
kn=2&m=969162&r=Nzk1MDk5OTI3MQS2&b=0&j=MzIxMTUzOTk
S1&mt=1> now or call 1-800-262-9699 to sign up. Please mention code CCW
when
you sign up.

Attending the Webcast is complimentary, but
<http://sdm3.rm04.net/ctt?
kn=2&m=969162&r=Nzk1MDk5OTI3MQS2&b=0&j=MzIxMTUzOTk
S1&mt=1> reservations
are required.

Register today

Tuesday
September 11, 2007

Time:

12:00-1:00 p.m. Eastern

Meeting Number:

17587-00007

<http://sdm3.rm04.net/ctt?
kn=2&m=969162&r=Nzk1MDk5OTI3MQS2&b=0&j=MzIxMTUzOTk
S1&mt=1> Register