Natalia

You are such a believer in the power of Gaia.  Perhaps you are right, and
there is nothing for us to do and mother Gaia has already decided whether we
survive or not.

However, I prefer to believe myself to be a functioning part of Gaia, and
hence think I have an obligation to do what I can in 'the right direction'.
And with respect to money I believe that this means looking much more
closely at the assumptions that underpin our money practices, deciding which
ones are helping and which ones are hurting and moving to assuage the hurt.

Hence, my interest in community currencies which are much much more than
many people realise.  When done properly, they are actually a new way of
dealing with wealth, value and money in the world - and a much needed way.

However, they aren't even enough by themselves.  What is needed is to create
the infrastructure through which they can become mainstream - and that's
altogether another problem.

But when we get that right, we will have discovered new ways to think about
how to get done what needs doing and how to ensure that those who do it can
survive in the world (which is another way of saying we will have created a
new world of work).

thanks for keeping the dialogue open

regards

Charles Brass
Chairman
futures foundation
phone:1300 727328
(International 61 3 9459 0244)
fax: 61 3 9459 0344
PO Box 122
Fairfield    3078
www.futuresfoundation.org.au

the mission of the futures foundation is:
"...to engage all Australians in creating a better future..."