From: Darryl or Natalia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Fri 10/26/2007 6:11 PM
To: Cordell, Arthur: ECOM
Cc: futurework
Subject: Re: [Futurework] Universal soldier?

Arthur,

You are discouraging a discussion of the future of work in the military. Is it
less important than the future of the auto sector, agriculture, or any other
industry for that matter? That I find its near future to be grim has
substantial relevance to this site's mandate. That you feel emotionally charged
by my opinion should not preclude its relevance given that the military is the
primary focus of the US (and Israeli) economies and more increasingly their
cultural well-being. In case you've forgotten, the US is the most frequently
discussed economy on this site, and its economy and activities directly affect
Canada and the global markets.

This was no slam of Israel, Arthur. You're hyper-sensitive beyond the call of
loyalty. I was targeting chiefly US military and the elite who control them,
but you're saying I overstepped my boundaries regarding Israel for similar
behaviour/unspoken policies. The article was shocking to me, and reminded me of
Abu Graib stories very actively discussed on this site with most everyone's
participation, including your own, without any objections from you. Don't tell
me that your recent submission of crime activities and their related illegal
economies is anymore relevant to this site. If anything, both organizations are
swindling the people. The difference is that people are legally employed by the
military; most of the US treasury is being wasted upon it, and yet its
institution accomplishes little, but destroys so much. It's a huge sector that
you are saying is off-topic because I'm stating that as an employer, its future
is costly, bleak and without meaningful direction?

I realize that most men currently contributing to this site are WWII Vets, or
are still tied to the military. As a Vet, one would think that the future of
such a significant sector would be of concern. When we envision an ideal future
of work, are you suggesting that the military are to be exempt from criticism
or are to be off-topic altogether? I'm someone who would prefer a peace corps,
but let's not squash a valid discussion because you can't deal with my opinions
in this respect.

You can't say this is irrelevant. It's hugely relevant, just as war-related
industries are hugely relevant. The US military is stationed in 130 nations,
and is the largest nuke peddler on the planet. Since when does such economic
activity bear no relation to the future of work?

Natalia Kuzmyn

Cordell, Arthur: ECOM wrote:

        This article has no place on FW.  What does it have to do with the
future of work?  If you wish to slam armies and the concept of war then go to
another site.  If you want to slam Israel then, again, go to another site.

        Arthur