Brian McAndrews wrote:

> Fits nicely with the future of work (and retirement)
>
>   http://www.commondreams.org/views02/0122-08.htm
>
> Brian McAndrews

Not being schooled in "Economics", I have
come to see "capitalism" as just one form
of human sociability: All the "capitalists"
"socialize" together, and the "medium"
of their sociality is running what I
consider to be the second, but more real government
of the lands they live in.  Obviously, disposing
over the fate of the earth is a "turn on" for these
persons (like it apparently ws for G-d).  But,
at bottom, I think the essence of capitalism
(or of labor unionism or communism or any other
voluntary social group) has much in common with
dogs getting together and sniffing each other's
various body parts.

I think the CxOs of multinational corporations
would be far unhappier if they had to
live the life of employees in capitalist
corporations, than as Labor Leaders or
Communist Party Leaders.

But then, I never took Econ 101, so what can I know?
I even believe in "the labor theory of value"....

\brad mccormick

--
  Let your light so shine before men,
              that they may see your good works.... (Matt 5:16)

  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

<![%THINK;[SGML+APL]]> Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Visit my website ==> http://www.users.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/