Thomas Lunde wrote:

>      Just remember that everyone prefers to cut costs - including
>      you,

[snip]

As for myself, I find that the only time I am
much interested in cutting costs is when I do not
have enough money to live decently.  Push me up
against the wall, and I'll try to push the
wall if I can't push you, but, always, I
find it offensive not just to be pushed, but also
to be placed in a situation in which me pushing
is a desideratum.

Of course I do not want to throw money away, but
I do not dicker about the price if I can afford it and
it is not a rip-off and
if the qualities and the quality I seek are in the product.

I think it is pretty much the same with
negotiating the price for a purchase as for
negotiating a raise at work: If you don't get it
without asking and you can go some place else,
just leave, since even if they grant you
what you ask for, it probably won't be what
you want.

    Don't buy junk.
    Get a Carpet Cat.
            (--Carpet Cat floor sweeper ad slogan)

\brad mccormick

--
  Let your light so shine before men,
              that they may see your good works.... (Matt 5:16)

  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

<![%THINK;[SGML+APL]]> Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Visit my website ==> http://www.users.cloud9.net/~bradmcc/