Hi.

I just reported Emacs crashing on the emacs-devel mailinglist. The gist
of it is that when I iconify Emacs and move the mouse over the icon,
Emacs crashes - but only if I compile Emacs with gtk3. With gtk2 it
doesn't crash.

 * http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/144994

The output includes "X protocol error: BadMatch (invalid parameter
attributes) on protocol request 42" which - by searching - seems to be a
problem with calling X_SetInputFocus()¹.

Now, looking in Emacs' sources, it seems that Emacs don't call that
itself, rather the window manager does.

Which prompted me to write this email: Do you see any way that it might
be a buglet in fvwm causing this?

My first suspects are Emacs and gtk3 of course, but I thought I'd run it
by this mailinglist as well.

Any ideas of how to get to the bottom of this will be much appreciated.

  Best regards,

    Adam

¹ http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/Ky751WDYQzZS9uVf9WRU

--
 "Gav                                                         Adam Sjøgren
  Strik"                                                 a...@koldfront.dk