On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 20:05:40 +0200, Adam wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 13:21:44 +0100, Thomas wrote:

>> I looked in to this -- it's a problem in GTK3.  Have filed a bug upstream
>> with a patch, hopefully this will fix it,

> Thanks a bunch, that was mighty nice of you. Do you have a link/bug
> number for reference? I'd like to follow it.

I may have overlooked your reply to this - I'd still love to be able to
follow what happens to the bug in GTK3, so if you could guide me towards
it I'd be thankful.

>> although a similar patch for completeness in Emacs to handle a
>> BadMatch condition, would still need to happen for belt-and-braces.

> I have submitted one¹ on emacs-devel (and I am using it), but I haven't
> had any responses to it.

This part is the main reason for this follow up: Jan Djärv committed the
patch with some modifications¹, so Emacs has stopped crashing for me.

Thanks for the help pinpointing the way to alleviate the problem.

  Happy new year,

     Adam

¹ http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/145803

--
 "Time is getting short; every midnight I feel 48             Adam Sjøgren
  hours older. And twice as useless."                    a...@koldfront.dk