> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. Oktober 2016 um 12:06 Uhr
> Von: "Thomas Adam" <tho...@fvwm.org>
> An: "Dominik Vogt" <dominik.v...@gmx.de>
> Cc: fvwm-workers@fvwm.org
> Betreff: Re: [fvwmorg/fvwm] 1d38f7: !!! Start work on replacing the parsing
> in __execu...

> > > I ported all of this over before here:
> > >
> > > https://github.com/fvwmorg/fvwm/tree/new-parser
> > >
> > > You should just rebase that against master, and use that if it's any use?
> >
> > This new branch is the result of rebasing the new-parser branch against
> > master.  There
> > were some conflicts with the USE_DECOR removal patch, and rebase had some
> > trouble
> > with the mvwm subdirectory, so I've rewritten the history to eliminate this
> > directory
> > (and merged some commits for simplicity).
>
> Cool -- but what do you intend to do with this work?

First of all I hope I'll be able to find the crash caused by a free of a string
that is still
used, then experiment with it to see whether a step by step replacement of the
old
parser is feasible while keeping the old parser around for a while.
Disentangling the
builtin functions from the parser without changing their syntax is an important
step
towards a new parser with a new syntax.  As long as all the functions do their
own
parsing, replacing the syntax is a huge amount of work.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--

Dominik Vogt