Hi.

> On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 11:14:35PM +0100, Jesús J. Guerrero Botella wrote:
>> Hello again.
>>
>> It seems fvwm-menu-desktop is written for python2.
>>
>> In gentoo, to make this work nowadays, you need to modify the bang to
>> #/usr/bin/python2, otherwise, the default python 3.x interpreter is
>> fired and the menu fails miserably.
>>
>> I am not sure that's ok for all distros and OSes out there so I will
>> leave the concrete solution to someone who knows better. Just
>> reporting...
>
> It varies wildly across distributions. On *BSD, /usr/local/bin/python is
> often a symlink to python2. On Debian, for example, it's also handled via
> alternatives.

That I thought.

> I'm not that bothered at all, but we might have to provide automake
support
> for this if it becomes too much of a problem.

If this is a problem, patching the sources at package level should not be a
big deal. In Gentoo there's the possibility to have many python versions
slotted. I am not expert in python-related questions though. I bet there's
a simple way to deal with this kind of situation in ebuilds.

The ebuild for 2.6.7 is mostly complete. Just need to take a shot at this
little detail and test every crazy use flag combo.

Thanks!

--
Jesús Guerrero Botella