On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 3:44 PM, Dominik Vogt <dominik.v...@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 01:17:05PM -0700, Jaimos Skriletz wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> This was reported by a Debian user. Please retain the CC to
>> 849355-forwar...@bugs.debian.org in your response, so that
>> the Debian BTS has a record.
>>
>> In short when running FvwmIconMan, fvwm prints warnings to stderr when
>> opening and closing windows. I too have had this issue in 2.6.7 (and
>> previous versions) so I can also say it affects my Debian system.
>

> I don't get any such messages with or without FvwmIconMan.  Can
> you give detailed instructions pelase?

Using Fvwm 2.6.7 Debian package, doubt it is any of the debian
patches, but I will compile a version without patches and test.

Run FvwnIconMan by itself with no configuration, so FvwmIconMan is in
its own window (if FvwmIconMan was swallowed in FvwmButtons I did not
notice this warning).

Once FvwmIconMan is running, run xterm, warning appears, close xterm,
warning appears again.

I tested this with other windows and modules. FvwmScript modules
seemed to trigger it, FvwmIdentify did not, so I wonder if it has to
do with transient windows or not (just something I noticed).

If you are not able to reproduce this wonder if it is something
specific with Debian's xserver, let me know what other output you
would want.

jaimos