I'm working on a patch to allow windows to be placed with buttons >3. However, I run into some strangeness with the way Move is supposed to work according to the Man page, compared to what it actually does:

The man page states that Move can be canceled with MB2. This is currently only true if Emulate is set to MWM. In other case MB2 places the window, and does nothing more (unless when __move is called from placement.c where it will continue with a resize operation). With Emulate not MWM the only way to cancel a non-drag-move with the mose is any button >3, which won't be possible with the patch I'm writing either.

So, to come to the question: How should non-drag-movment be aborted by mouse?

I also have two code-related questions:
1. Is there a way to see if a FvwmWindow never have been placed?
(i.e to know if the return True for resize has any meaning)

2. What is the reason for windows dropped by button 1 to not fall over to button release, as windows dropped by button three. I know that not doing so allows to keep moving the window until you release the button, but why different behaviour for different buttons?

/Viktor