Hi there,

On 23 Apr 2003 at 22:40:04 -0400, Bob Woodside wrote:

>       The standard way to prevent this is to specify the exact width &
> height of each icon image, so the browser knows how much space to layout
> for it before loading it. I think most of the current browsers will pick
> up the title attribute for the balloon help if alt is missing, but older
> ones don't, and I've no idea what Lynx does; so I think we should keep
> the alt attribute.

Opera renders good now - even if the pager pictures do not
exist ;-)

Lynx uses the alt attribute to display the picture's name
since it does not display the picture itself. So at least
for this browser the alt attribute which describes the link
is really neccessary. Netscape uses the alt attribute to pop
up a little ballon which shows the image description.
Other browsers as mozilla use the title attribute for the
ballon.

I think it is a good way to have both attributes meaningful
since the pager icons only says not that much.

Regards, Uwe
--
  ,_,  Uwe Pross
 (O,O) mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]