Hi,

does it exist any standard regulating the use of XResources? The reason I ask is that I recently found out that fvwm honors the resources Desk, Page and fvwmscreen for initial window positioning, and I find them quite neat to use together with apps supporting the -xrm option.

I think that it would be good with a way to specify a style with resources in a similar way. The idea was that under AddWindow, before lookup_styles, add a resource lookup for some resource, say fvwmstyle, and if present map it to a WindowStyle command with rhe resource value as the style.

All in all it comes down to two questions:
Would adding such a resource break any standard?
and
Is the feature described above something that should be added to fvwm?

/Viktor