On Fri, 14 Apr 2006, Serge (gentoosiast) Koksharov wrote:

 Hi,

Yesterday I've noticed little inconsistency during resizing shaded
windows under fvwm 2.5.16 and current CVS version:

I have in my ~/.fvwm/config `Style * ResizeOpaque'. But during resizing
of any shaded window this style ignored and window resized as rubberband
outline. I propose two possible solutions:

1) Solve this inconsistency. Maybe unshade the window before resizing,
resize it, then shade it again.

You can actually do this yourself, given that you don't use different shading directions. Just define your own resize function:
AddToFunc ResizeFunc
+ I ThisWindow (Shaded) WindowShade off
+ I Resize
+ I TestRc (Match) WindowShade on

2) If this problem can't be solved without much hassle I think we should
make it clear in documentation that ResizeOpaque style don't applies to
shaded windows.

I like it the way it is. I'm really not interested in the content of shaded windows. Vote for a change of documentaion, possible together with an option to the WindowShade command to use the last shade direction.

/Viktor