On 7/13/06, Dominik Vogt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 12:18:02AM +0100, seventh guardian wrote:
> On 7/13/06, Olivier Chapuis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >seventh guardian a écrit :

> >> Humm..
> >>
> >> After a bit more dig up, it seems that "gnome support" is not just
> >> that.. It's also the gnome wm hints support.. it may be important, as
> >> this allows fvwm to integrate with gnome desktop (pagers and stuff).

So, what does this section from the FvwmGtk-manpage mean:

  .IP "*FvwmGtk: RCFile \fBfile\fP"
  Note that this command should be issued before defining any menus
  or dialog. Hint for GNOME users: If you add instances of this command
  for the
  standard GNOME rc files, switching themes via the control-center will
  apply to FvwmGtk widgets as well, giving a very integrated appearance
  of the desktop.

Well, Gtk themes are defined in $HOME/.gtkrc.. I supose gnome control
center also updates this file (?) It's just a matter of telling
FvwmGtk where to look for the gtk configs..

> >yes, but only for gnome 1, so ...
> >

> Oh! Didn't know that.
>
> >> But in what refers to FvwmGtk, it works exactly the same without gnome
> >> support. The final question is, is it worth remove gnome support from
> >> FvwmGtk if the rest of fvwm still needs it...
> >>

> >Not exactly (bug report system, if I remember some discussions on this
> >list). This known as, I am in favor of removing gnome support in FvwmGtk.
>
> And considering the above, what about removing the whole gnome support
> from fvwm?

If you're referring to the gnome libs:  FvwmGtk is the orly place
where they are needed.  If you mean the GNOMe WM hints:  we should
keep them.

I was refering to the hints.. Gnome 1 is obsolete, so it's a matter of
deciding which degree of compatibility we want to keep. The same
happens with rplay, but that's a matter for another mail :)

Cheers,
 Renato

Ciao