On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 03:47:13PM +0100, seventh guardian wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a question. Is the flag vs. !flag syntax the prefered one? I
> ask this because even though some styles only have the !(stylename)
> counterpart, some are still documented as (stylename)Off. So if the
> flag negation is prefered to the (stylename) vs. (stylename)Off, or
> the other way round, then it should be explicit in the man page. This
> is the only way we can avoid compatibility confusion in a future
> version.
>
> My opinion is that the flag vs. !flag style is simpler to parse, and
> it should be prefered. the (stylename)Off code should be maintained
> for compatibility's sake, but marked as deprecated.
>
> Comments? Renato

Yes -- I thought 2.5.X was having the !Foo syntax as the preferred one,
removing any old Foo versus NoFoo options.  Of course, it's currently on
FVWM 2.4.X which still exhibits this.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"If I were a witch's hat, sitting on her head like a paraffin stove, I'd
fly away and be a bat." -- Incredible String Band.