On 02Jul2007 22:32, Dominik Vogt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| > The "Visible" condition works perfectly if xcompmgr is not running
| > though. I do not know if it is FVWM or xcompmgr that is at fault.
|
| I can only guess that xcompmgr suppresses VisibilityNotify events
| for windows.

I expect the behind windows are Visible because they are needed for
transparency - alpha compositing will require the window to maintain its
entire surface as though it were on top.
--
Cameron Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Hello, my name is Yog-Sothoth, and I'll be your eldritch horror today.
        - Heather Keith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>