Thomas Adam <tho...@fvwm.org> writes:

> On 10 October 2015 at 11:53, lee <l...@yagibdah.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the subject pretty much says it:
>>
>> Can I somehow make it so that fvwm ignores particular windows when
>> figuring out where to place a new one?
>
> Adding a style to ignore windows from placements is the way to go.
> I'll do this later on.  Would be useful with MinoverlapPlacement, for
> instance.

Oh, that would be awesome!

How do you think about the idea of possibly giving each window a
stacking priority?  It might allow for a more fine-grained control
across all windows than a style could provide.

--
After using i3 for a while, I totally realized that it is the job of
the window manger to mange the windows, literally.  It is, by all