martin wrote:
 > currently, I use feh to set my background image in fvwm. Now I would
 > like to draw text in the upper left corner (output of khal, showing
 > my calendar). I experimented with the --info switch of feh, but the
 > text block does not show up in background mode. Moreover, this method
 > isn't very flexible.
 >
 > Any other hints doing this?

You could almost certainly get your text into your background image
with some creative use of pbmtext and pnmpaste, and probably another
half-dozen pnm tools to glue it all together.  There may be ways to
do this (i.e., overlay text) with Imagemagick, as well.

Perhaps figuring out how to put your calendar into a sticky,
borderless, X window with a transparent background would also work.
(Disclaimer:  I have zero experience with 2 or 3 of the things I just
wrote in that sentence.)

paul
paul fox, p...@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma, where it's 44.2 degrees)