On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Julien Guertault wrote:

> I am trying to define a style for a clock application so it behaves as if it
> were part of the wallpaper.

I use for one of my clocks :
Style "xdaliclock" Sticky, WindowListSkip, StaysOnTop, NoTitle

but I guess this is not exactly what you want.

I say "one of my clocks" because this one displays nicely the time, but I
use another one for the date (actually I use the date in the WINDOW TITLE
of rclock and start it with a geometry which is entirely hidden under
xdaliclock.

For rclock I use just style Style "rclock" Sticky, WindowListSkip, because
at the time I did not know how to force stacking at start time ... May be
should I just start it "shaded" ? Can this be done ?

Essentially what I achieve now is that I have three tiny windows in my
screen top right corner, from top to bottom : the pager, the date, the
time. And they remain ALWAYS ON TOP ... with the exception of the date, if
I move another window close to the right edge of the screen it may be
partly obscured below the pager and time but obscure the date.

Anyhow I find useful to have those things on top, because in some of my
screens I ran VNC full screen on other machines, and use the pager to
revert to local screens.