On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 15:16 -0300, Dedeco wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I know anyone can install FVWM if they want, but it seems like it is
> not shipped with many popular distros. In many places I use computers
> (linux), I have the option to choose wich WM I can use, but
> unfortunatelly the only distro I had it was SuSE.
>
>   Is there any effort being made to convince the people responsible for
> arranging the linux distributions to include FVWM as an option of a
> window manager?? I think it would not be too difficult, since FVWM
> instalation requires less than 3 MB and is good, and has been here for
> much time.

I'm pretty certain that there's an FVWM package for every major distro
out there. If the package is installed, then it should show up in the
list of available WMs.

If these are machines where you don't have admin privileges, then you'll
have to try to convince the box owner to install FVWM for you.

--Dan Ost