On 30/06/07, Harald Kirsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

gnome (gdm) under ubuntu offers to run an FVWM session. This is what I
do and in .fvwm/config I mostly get the gnome support going with this:

AddToFunc InitFunction
+ I Exec exec gnome-settings-daemon --sm-disable
+ I Exec exec gnome-panel  --sm-disable
+ I Exec exec nm-applet

No -- use StartFunction with a test for:  + I Test (init) ...,
especially if you're using 2.5.X -- the use of InitFunction only
applies if you're using 2.4.X

There is but one thing that does not work. The panel can be configure to
have this big red Log off button. When I press it, it seems that only
the panel exits.

Because you haven't told FVWM (or rather the GNOME framework0 that the
specified window manager needs to run under a session manager.

-- Thomas Adam